Teachers’ Training Course (TTC) Date: 3-24 January 2016
The Ashok Tree 200-Hour Yoga Teachers’ Training Course delivered over three weeks, will introduce you to the key concepts and practices of Prana Kriya Yoga. This course is certified by Yoga Alliance UK and will be delivered by Yogi Ashokananda.
You will be able to immerse yourself in your practice and studies away from the demands and distractions of your daily life. To experience this in the warmth of India, the land and home of yoga itself, is a unique experience not to be missed.
The 200-Hour Yoga Teachers’ Training Course will focus on the following topics:
- Yogic postures comprise four hours of the daily schedule
- Introduction to the various asanas in a systematic manner with progressively increasing level of difficulty.
- Once the basics are mastered, Kriya& Prana flows, adjustments and subtle aspects of breath & body awareness will be brought into focus
- Teaching methodology: class planning, sequencing, alignment and adjustment will be included throughout
- Anatomy and physiology relevant to yoga in order to strengthen the Kriyas details.
- Introduction to basic philosophy, concepts and history of Prana Kriya yoga.
- Includes various traditional philosophies, viewpoints and insights from modern research and ways in which the essence of this holistic life-view can be integrated into a modern lifestyle.
- Pranayama, chanting & meditation:
- Techniques to work with vital energy centers in the body with a goal of becoming proficient enough to teach these skills to your student
Prana Kriya Yoga is one of the forms of yoga founded, Revived and taught by Yogi Ashokananda. It is based on traditional principles of Authentic Kriya yoga. A strong, yet supportive form of yoga, working through the entire body, cleansing and revitalising through special sequencing with a combination of subtle body exercise. Yogi ji’s teaching style manages to instil a sense of discipline in the mind and body without stress. His expertise and caring attitude towards his students provides a supportive environment where you can develop your practice at your own pace, and in a way that is unique to you.
Training to be a teacher
Each person’s motivations for wanting to embark on a yoga teachers’ training programme are different. You may want to change your vocation in life and work towards teaching full time or you may want to deepen your own practice and understanding of yoga and its philosophy. Whatever your motivations are, this teachers’ training programme will allow you to experience both insight and exceptional training of the highest standards into the depths of Prana Kriya Yoga. Yogi Ashokananda is highly regarded as an authoritative pioneer in his field and a master of yoga, meditation and spirituality.
Request for Information
If you require more information about the Teacher’s Training Course, including the prospectus, please submit your details and request here.
When you are ready to apply for the Teacher’s Training Course, please submit your details and application form here.
TTC Program 9-10 hours a day. (6 days per week)
06:30 to 07:00 Chanting (Optional)
07:00 to 08:00 Morning Meditation, & Pranayama
08:00 to 08:30 Tea Break
08:30 to 10:30 Kriya Practice
10:30 to 11:30 Breakfast
11:30 to 13:30 Lecture (Yoga Principles / Philosophy / Yoga Sutra / Sanskrit / Mantras)
13:30 to 15:00 Lunch / Rest time
15:00 to 16:45 Lecture (group discussion)/self study
16:45 to 17:00 Refreshing time tea
17:00 to 19:30 Kriya Practice including teaching methodology
19:30 to 20.30 Rest time / Free time
20:30 to 21:30 Dinner
21:30 to 22:00 Fire or chill-out time
22:00 Time for sleep
22.30 Ashram lights off
Yoga Teacher Training Eligibility
- Any person who has interest in learning ancient traditional yoga and its applied science
- Ability to follow the instructions and lectures in English
- The applicant should be in a good physical condition; physical work approx 7 to 9 hours daily.
You must complete 200 hours of study, 180 hours of which must be contact hours with Yogi Ashokananda (the other 20 hours will be allocated for assignments and coursework). Most of the required hours you need for the course will be completed in the 21 days you are in India.
Training to be a yoga teacher can be enormously rewarding, challenging, confronting and ultimately, wonderfully life changing.
Included in the course fee:
- Prank Kriya Yoga training manual
- All food and accommodation whilst staying at the Ashok Tree Ashram
Not included in the course fee:
- Air fare and transfers
- Yoga Ashokananda’s “Power Yoga and Kriya Yoga”, “AM & PM” DVD
- Yogi Ashokananda’s “The Power of Relaxation” Book
- Familiarity with additional information on Yogi Ashokananda’s website.
We are served by two airports in the region, Chennai (Madras) and Bangalore. Airport transfers to/from either airport to the Ashok Tree can be arranged at an additional cost.
Upon registration, you will be provided with a complete information package.
If you have any further enquiries/an application form/ prospectus/Registered your interest for future teachers’ training[Form id=”14″]
Book & Pay