The Ashok Tree 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course delivered over three weeks, will introduce you to the key concepts and practices of Prana Kriya Yoga. This course is certified by Yoga Alliance UK and will be delivered by Yogi Ashokananda.
You will be able to immerse yourself in your practice and studies away from the demands and distractions of your daily life. To experience this in the warmth of India, the land and home of yoga itself, is a unique experience not to be missed.
The 200-Hour Yoga Teachers’ Training Course will focus on the following topics:
Foundation of Prana Kriya Yoga
- Prana Awareness
- What is Prana
- Types of Prana
- Pranayama during Kriya
- Pranayama & Meditation
- Anatomy and physiology relevant to yoga in order to strengthen the kriya details, cues, and corrections
Prana Kriya Philosophy
- Introduction to basic philosophy, concepts and history of yoga.
- Includes various traditional philosophies, viewpoints and insights from modern research and ways in which the essence of this holistic life-view can be integrated into a modern lifestyle.
- Pranayama, chanting & meditation:
- Techniques to work with vital energy centres in the body with a goal of becoming proficient enough to teach these skills to your student
Prana Kriya Yoga
The benefits of attending a teacher training intensive mean that you can completely immerse yourself in your practice and studies away from the demands and distractions of your daily life. To experience this in the warmth of India, the land and home of yoga itself, is a special experience.
Yogi Ashokananda is the founder of Prana Kriya Yoga. This form of yoga takes as its foundation the ancient science of kriya yoga, and uses the movement of the body combined with breath retentions to harmonise and unite the flow of the physical movement in our bodies (kriya) with its energetic power. It uses a completely different set of kriyas to the usual asanas you will find in most yoga practices.
Request for Information
If you require additional information about the Teacher’s Training Course, including the prospectus, please submit your request and details here.
Application Form for the Teacher’s Training Course
When you are ready and would like to submit your application for consideration as a student candidate for the Teacher’s Training Course, please submit your details and application here.
Training to be a teacher
Each person’s motivations for wanting to embark on a yoga teachers’ training programme are different. You may want to change your vocation in life and work towards teaching full time or you may want to deepen your own practice and understanding of yoga and its philosophy. Whatever your motivations are, this teachers’ training programme will allow you to experience both insight and exceptional training of the highest standards into the depths of Prana Kriya Yoga. Yogi Ashokananda is highly regarded as an authoritative pioneer in his field and a master of yoga, meditation and spirituality.
TTC Program 9-10 hours a day. (6 days per week)
06:30 to 07:00 Chanting
07:00 to 08:00 Morning Meditation, & Pranayama
08:00 to 08:30 Tea Break
08:30 to 10:30 Kriya Practice
10:30 to 11:30 Breakfast
11:30 to 13:30 Lecture (Yoga Principles / Philosophy / Yoga Sutra / Sanskrit / Mantras)
13:30 to 15:00 Lunch / Rest time
15:00 to 16:45 Lecture (group discussion)/self study
16:45 to 17:00 Refreshing time tea
17:00 to 19:30 Kriya Practice including teaching methodology
19:30 to 20.30 Rest time / Free time
20:30 to 21:30 Dinner
21:30 to 22:00 Fire or chill-out time
22:00 Off to rooms
22.30 Ashram off the grid
Yoga Teacher Training Eligibility
- Any person who has interest in learning ancient traditional yoga and its applied science
- Ability to follow the instructions and lectures in English
- The applicant’s age should be between 18 to 60 years age at the time of admission
- The applicant should be in a good physical condition; physical work approx 7 to 9 hours daily.
You must complete 200 hours of study, 180 hours of which must be contact hours with Yogi Ashokananda (the other 20 hours will be allocated for assignments and coursework). Most of the required hours you need for the course will be completed in the 21 days you are in India.
Training to be a yoga teacher can be enormously rewarding, challenging, confronting and ultimately, wonderfully life changing.
Included in the course fee:
- Prana Kriya Yoga training manual
- All food and accommodation whilst staying at the Ashok Tree Ashram
Not included in the course fee:
- Air fare and transfers
- Yoga Ashokananda’s “Power Yoga and Kriya Yoga” DVD
- Familiarity with additional information on Yogi Ashokananda’s website.
We are served by two airports in the region, Chennai (Madras) and Bangalore. Airport transfers to/from either airport to the Ashok Tree can be arranged at an additional cost.
When you are ready to Book & Pay
Book & Pay