Course Date 12 August – 1 September 2020 – Prana Kriya Yoga Teachers Training Course (TTC)
Neuroprana is hosting Yogi Ashokananda School’s 200-Hour Prana Kriya Yoga Teacher Training Certificate (TTC) Course delivered over three weeks at Yogiville India. This course is certified by Yogiville Gurukul and Yoga Alliance Professionals, delivered by Yogi Ashokananda.
You will be able to immerse yourself in your practice and studies away from the demands and distractions of your daily life. To experience this in the warmth of India, the land and home of yoga itself, is a unique experience not to be missed.
The 200-Hour Yoga Teachers’ Training Course will focus on the following topics:
Foundation of Prana Kriya Yoga
- Prana Awareness
- What is Prana
- Types of Prana
- Pranayama during Kriya
- Pranayama & Meditation
- Anatomy and physiology relevant to yoga in order to strengthen the kriya details, cues, and corrections
Prana Kriya Philosophy
- Introduction to basic philosophy, concepts and history of yoga.
- Includes various traditional philosophies, viewpoints and insights from modern research and ways in which the essence of this holistic life-view can be integrated into a modern lifestyle.
- Pranayama, chanting & meditation:
- Techniques to work with vital energy centres in the body with a goal of becoming proficient enough to teach these skills to your student
The benefits of attending a teacher training intensive mean that you can completely immerse yourself in your practice and studies away from the demands and distractions of your daily life. To experience this in the warmth of India, the land and home of yoga itself, is a special experience.
Yogi Ashokananda is the founder of Prana Kriya Yoga. This form of yoga takes as its foundation the ancient science of kriya yoga, and uses the movement of the body combined with breath retentions to harmonise and unite the flow of the physical movement in our bodies (kriya) with its energetic power. It uses a completely different set of kriyas to the usual asanas you will find in most yoga practices.
Training to be a teacher
Each person’s motivations for wanting to embark on a yoga teachers’ training programme are different. You may want to change your vocation in life and work towards teaching full time or you may want to deepen your own practice and understanding of yoga and its philosophy. Whatever your motivations are, this teachers’ training programme will allow you to experience both insight and exceptional training of the highest standards into the depths of Prana Kriya Yoga. Yogi Ashokananda is highly regarded as an authoritative pioneer in his field and a master of yoga, meditation and spirituality.
Yoga Teacher Training Eligibility
- Any person who has interest in learning ancient traditional yoga and its applied science
- Ability to follow the instructions and lectures in English
- The applicant’s age should be between 18 to 60 years age at the time of admission
- The applicant should be in a good physical condition; physical work approx 7 to 9 hours daily.
You must complete 200 hours of study, 140 hours of which must be contact hours with Yogi Ashokananda (the other hours will be allocated for self study, practice, assignments and coursework). All of the required hours you need for the course are scheduled in the 21 days you are in India.
Course Pre-requisite: 10 Days Vipassana Kriya Meditation (Silent Meditation, course dates 1 – 10 September 2020)
Training to be a yoga teacher can be enormously rewarding, challenging, confronting and ultimately, wonderfully life changing.
Included in the course fee:
- 200 hour Teachers’ Training Course
- Course fees
- Digital Course Manuals
- Instruction lead by Yogi Ashokananda
- Accommodations for 21 Days / 20 Nights
- Private or Shared
- Super Deluxe (325 sq ft), Deluxe (256 sqft), Standard (168 sqft) with Ensuite w/ hot water
- Single (150 Sq Ft) with shared facilities (4 rooms)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Sattvic – Vegetarian freshly prepared, no onions, eggs, garlic or mushrooms
- Herbal Teas, water (filtered/bottled), Kettle facilities
- Chennai Airport Transfers to/from Yogiville
Not included in the course fee:
- Airport Transfers from airport other than Chennai
- Yogi Ashokananda’s “Power Yoga and Kriya Yoga”, “AM & PM” DVD
- Yogi Ashokananda’s “The Power of Relaxation” Book
- Extra Nights accommodations
- Ayurvedic Treatments
- Local Transport
We are served by two airports in the region, Chennai (Madras) and Bangalore. Airport transfers to/from either airport to the Ashok Tree can be arranged at an additional cost.
Upon registration, you will be provided with a complete information package.
If you have any further enquiries/an application form/ prospectus/Registered your interest for future teachers’ training
If you require additional information about the Teacher’s Training Course, including the prospectus, please submit your request and details here.
When you are ready and would like to submit your application for consideration as a student candidate for the Teacher’s Training Course, please submit your details and application here.
TTC Course Teacher – Yogi Ashokananda
Yogi Ashokananda is an expert and pioneer as a practising master of yoga, mindfulness and meditation and a speaker on humanity and spiritual philosophy. Raised in India, now residing in the U.K., he has been practising yoga since early childhood when his Grandfather was his first teacher. Over many years Yogi Ashokananda has been fortunate to develop his teaching, experience and education of yoga under some of the great, remote, Indian masters and siddhas. He has taught the teachings of the Bihar School of Yoga, the Sivananda Ashram, hatha yoga and meditation at the Shri Ved Niketan Ashram, Rishikesh and the Yogamaya Ashram in Vrindavan. Now he teaches a number of his own profound disciplines and insights which have their roots in ancient, sacred Indian tradition.
Location Information – Yogiville India
At Yogiville India, we are quite traditional with our approach, for example, the food prepared is grown onsite or locally, is organic and will follow sattvic principles. We see yoga as a way of life, not just a physical practice and the approach we take to nutrition / food is just one example. Another example, is how critical yoga and meditation are to the onsite charity school we support. You will see for yourself, the 1st two classes of each day for all of the students are yoga and meditation. The classes / practice are integral to their education, health, behaviour and focus. We really hope that the school can change the future for these children, as we get back to basics with yoga. And yet another example is the natural environment which will support the retreat.
We reside on 13 acres of land on the outside of a village, which is on the outskirts of the town of Tiruvannamalai in South India. The land has been transformed over the past few years into a homeland for many new and returning species, flora & fauna. We have a variety of fields dedicated to orchards and farming of many types of vegetables for people, the cows & dogs we rescued.
In between the agricultural aspects, the focal points for the yoga and meditation retreat are the Yogashala, Meditation Bowl, fire ceremony and temple area. We believe that reconnecting with nature is part of the yoga retreat experience.
Book & Pay